The History of Marycrest Manor
In 1956 Francis Cardinal McIntyre founded Marycrest Manor as residence for independent seniors with a distinct religious environment and orientation.
In 1962, Marycrest Manor came under the competent direction and sponsorship of the Religious Sisters of Charity from Ireland. To meet the needs of the surrounding community the sisters transitioned the home into a skilled nursing facility which quickly filled to capacity creating a need for expansion.
In 2002 the Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles assumed sponsorship. Following in the footsteps of their Mother Foundress, Mother Maria Luisa Josefa of the Most Blessed Sacrament, the sisters offer untiring and dedicated service to the elders and their families. Currently, nine Carmelite Sisters along with committed co-workers serve at Marycrest in various departments attending to both their spiritual and physical needs.
Marycrest Manor 10664 St. James Drive, Culver City, CA 90230